THE Staika is all about simple - but simple does not by any means equate to sparse. Easy to pitch, immensely stable, remarkably spacious, and quite light, the Staika is an excellent go to tent for any use where sturdy strength is the high priority. We originally designed the Staika for paddle tourers, who wanted a highly stable, fully free standing tent for handling tricky pitching conditions. Since then, it has garnered a large, loyal following amongst a wide assortment of other adventurers: mountaineers, polar travelers, and ski tourers find it a supremely stable base camp tent in all conditions; bicycle tourers love its simplicity and completely free standing construction; and even regular backpackers find great comfort in its roominess and relatively light weight as well as in its strength and stability.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm
poles make for an exceptionally strong
and stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls
extend to the ground and mesh areas are
backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole
crossing points provide outstanding
snow-load handling capability.
- The Staika has plenty of room for two
occupants and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer
tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully free standing dome design requires
no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward
short sleeve and clip pole system
make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure
that one door can always be situated out
of the wind and provide flexible entry/
exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire
area of the outer tent, including the vestibules.
It connects directly to the tent,
and can be left attached during pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used