Sometimes the hike in can be as challenging as the climb itself. Take out at least one element of struggle by outfitting yourself in the proper handwear with the Redpoint Optimus Gloves from The North Face. A nylon ripstop outer is treated with a DWR to help shed light precip, and the polyester lining is equipped with FlashDry to help facilitate moisture-wicking, in order to keep your hands dry. Plenty of Heatseeker synthetic insulation on both the back of the hand and the palm ensure that your hands will stay warm, even in frigid conditions. The palms are cowhide leather that‘s been treated with 3M Scotchgard waterproofing to increase both water repellency and the overall durability of the glove. Stretch cuffs let these bad boys slide under just about any jacket, and are easy to pull on, even when your hands are already cold.
- Nylon ripstop outer with DWR treatment
- Polyester lining with FlashDry
- Heatseeker synthetic insulation on back of hand (150g)
- Heatseeker synthetic insulation on palm (60g)
- Cowhide leather with 3M Scotchgard waterproof treatment on palm
- Stretch cuffs