It's Friday afternoon and you had a long week at work. A full Saturday or even a quick overnight up in the mountains would do you a world of good, and the Osprey Tempest 30 Backpack is ready for a quick pack-up-and-go. The designers at Osprey molded the Airscape to fit the female torso comfortably, and it acts somewhat like a chimney to ventilate any excess heat so your back isn't a sweaty mess when you reach your campsite. Biostretch covers the shoulder straps and waist-belt for maximum comfort and breathability while you hike, and the ErgoPull tabs cinch across your waist for an ideal fit. This top-loader fits the supplies you need for a dawn-to-dusk trip or a light overnighter, and you can remove the top lid and stash a point-and-shoot and snacks in it for a quick scramble up to the ridge.
The Tempest 30's hydration sleeve is easily accessible for quick refills, side stretch pockets can fit extra water or some snacks for the trip, two zippered pockets at the waist-belt store items you might need on the trail like lip balm or sunscreen, and one front mesh pocket holds your map, a book, or a last-minute item you might want before you head out. The shoulder straps have Stow-On-The-Go attachments for your trekking poles when the trail is nice and flat, and lower InsideOut straps compress the pack down quickly and simply. This pack even has two ice tool attachment loops with bungee tie-offs so you can continue using it throughout the year.
- Women-specific Airscape back panel
- Biostretch waist-belt and shoulder straps
- Top loader with single drawcord
- Removable top lid with zippered top and mesh under-lid pockets
- External hydration sleeve
- Side stretch pockets
- Two zippered pockets at waist-belt
- Front panel stretch mesh pocket
- Stow-On-The-Go trekking pole attachment
- Lower InsideOut compression straps
- Ice tool attachment loops with bungee tie-offs