Maybe you're familiar with the concept of classifying fun, but if you're not, here's the rundown: Type 1 fun is when you enjoy everything, back to front?think ''spending a beautiful weekend camping in the Marmot Stormlight 3-Person 3-Season Tent.'' Type 2 fun, on the other hand, is when everything sucks while you're doing it, but when it's over you're beyond stoked that you did?think ''spending a freezing, sleepless night when you're lost in a storm in a bear's den because you didn't bring a tent.'' Both will happen, but looking for type two fun isn't an excuse to be unprepared; bring the Stormlight along, and at least you'll have a spacious, waterproof shelter during those unplanned stormy nights.
A burlier, lighter version of Marmot's classic Limelight, the Stormlight's been updated with inverted head and foot technology, giving it more living space, and a full mesh body to save weight and let you look at the stars. It's also outfitted with fully taped, sonically welded seams, and a UV-resistant fly that won't suffer from prolonged exposure to sunlight.
That's not to suggest that it's heavy to begin with. Thanks to DAC Pressfit aluminum poles and the mesh body, the Stormlight weighs just over six pounds fully packed. It's also super-easy to set up, with color-coded poles and clips and reflective guy-out points that make nighttime pitching no big deal. If you never want to sleep in a bear's den again, bringing the Stormlight on all your adventures isn't a terrible idea.
- UV-resistant 75D polyester fly with sonically welded seams
- 40D polyester mesh body with internal pockets
- 150D nylon oxford bathtub-style floor with fully taped seams
- DAC Pressfit aluminum poles
- Two D-shaped doors with vestibules
- Inverted head and foot technology for expanded space
- Superlight design with fast-pitch option
- Color-coded poles and clips and reflective guy-out points