Halfway between a bivy and a tent, the Marmot Starlight 1 Tent is an ultralight, ultra-simple above-ground burrow for solo backpacking and long-distance trail missions. With a body that's part mesh and part rugged PU- and silicone-coated nylon, it keeps the water at bay and lets you look at the stars as you fall asleep if skies are clear. If they aren't, you can stick on the partial fly and vestibule to keep both your head and your gear dry, and make like a badger for a good night's sleep.
With two DAC Featherlite aluminum poles, taped seams, and 16 square feet of sleeping space, the whole package weighs in at just over two pounds, so you won't even notice it in your pack, and comes complete with internal pockets, color-coded clips, and reflective guy-out points that you'd expect to find in a larger, more expensive tent. Even the zipper pulls are made of non-jingling nylon, so a breeze won't make you feel like you're sleeping in the middle of a wind chime orchestra.
- 40D nylon ripstop fly with silicone and PU coatings
- 20D no-see-um mesh canopy
- 40D nylon walls and floor with silicone and PU coatings
- Fully taped seams
- Two DAC Featherlite NSL aluminum poles
- One wide door and vestibule
- Color-coded Easy Pitch clips and poles with reflective guy-out points
- Interior pockets and jingle-free zipper pulls