Note: The Removable Airbag System offered here is no longer compatible with R.A.S. 3.0 backpacks (starting from winter 2016-17)
Install the Mammut Removable Airbag System RAS into a compatible R.A.S. backpack and gain the protection of an inflatable airbag system when you head out into avalanche terrain. By making this system removable, Mammut gave skiers, snowboarders, and others the opportunity to choose the best backpack for each pursuit and to decide whether or not to use R.A.S. system from day to day. The R.A.S. uses the same proven Snowpulse airbag technology that Mammut has been refining over the past few years, and the easily stowable deployment handles and contained design makes it simple and safe.
- Please note: the Removable Airbag System is ONLY compatible with R.A.S.-ready backpacks. This airbag unit WILL NOT WORK on non-R.A.S.-ready backpacks. Please see the manufacturer of your airbag-compatible backpack for details-we're serious.
- Airbag has a red signal color for faster location and a square shape that keeps your head on top and offers excellent buoyancy in moving debris
- 150L airbag inflates in approximately three seconds from time of activation (airbag activates when you pull the deployment handle)
- Once the airbag has been inflated, it helps protect you from shock while pulling you to the surface
- System unit weighs 850g and operates in temperatures from -30 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius
- R.A.S. System has been certified by the TUEV South
- If the system is deployed in an avalanche, have the system inspected and serviced by Mammut before using it again
- Please review instructions on maintenance (once a year, carry out a test deployment without inflating the airbag, and check points described in the Quick Start Manual)