The lightest in Mammut‘s line of avy protection packs, the Light Protection airbag backpack is a tough, fully featured featherweight. With a 30-liter capacity, it‘s just large enough to accommodate all your avy gear, an extra layer, an a light snack, and keeps the construction light without sacrificing features. It has Mammut‘s new Protection avalanche airbag system to protect your head, neck, and chest from trauma and Head on Top technology to keep you on the surface with your face up. A safety leg loop keeps backpack in position in the event of a slide.
An adjustable aluminum V-frame places the load comfortably on your hips, and a thermomoldable back fits like a glove for all-day comfort. The three-step back length adjustment ensures the pack doesn‘t droop or fit improperly. Attachments for skis, snowboard, and axe-pole keep your gear secure and organized. The hip-belt pocket and multiple pockets in the top flap hold frequent-use or smaller items. Store your avalanche tools in the internal compartment, and keep your hydration system at hand in this pack. And access everything via a large front zipper, because sometimes speed means everything.
Please note that this system does not include the Refillable Compressed Air Cartridge
, which is available separately (MAM0939). And please remember, this airbag system is NOT a guarantee that you will survive an avalanche; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there.
- Enhanced Snowpulse Protection avalanche airbag technology
- Head on Top Technology with trauma protection
- Adjustable aluminum V-frame thermomolded back system
- Three-step back length adjustment
- Safety leg loop
- Top flap and large front zip access to main compartment
- Internal compartment for safety equipment
- Hydration-system compatible
- Stowable ski attachment, snowboard carrier, and axe-pole carrier
- Side compression straps
- Hipbelt and multiple internal and external flap pockets
- SOS label with emergency instructions
- Protection unit removable and transferable to other Protection Airbag System packs; NOT compatible with Mammut RAS packs