As the little brother of the Denali 100, the Gregory Denali 75 Backpack is designed for quick alpine climbs and minimalist expeditions. While maintaining the same technical prowess of the Denali 100, this more nimble option will deliver the same bombproof performance as the bigger version whether you're getting deep into the backcountry or high into the alpine.
In order to save weight, Gregory went with a lighter 210D nylon fabric with 420D high-density reinforcements where they are needed most. A puncture resistant, internally laminated front panel protects against ice axes, crampons, and ski edges, while the 630D high-density nylon base protects the bottom of the pack from rock, ice, and the wear and tear of travel. For suspension, the pack is fitted with Gregory's top-of-the-line Fusion Flex Pro system. The system is composed of two 7075 aluminum frame stays that can be removed, as well as a sewn-in framesheet for additional support and to prevent gear from jabbing your back. An anti-barreling tubular cross-stay prevents the bag from bunching when weighed down with a heavy load. High-density EVA foam padding at the shoulders, back, and hip pads ensure a comfortable fit, while the hip pads can be removed for a more comfortable feel when wearing a harness.
The classic top-loading design allows the bag to be accessed from the top as well as from the side through the full-length side slash zip access point. A removable lid is fitted with a zippered pocket on the underside for small items. Side mesh pockets stow water bottles, and dual zippered waist belt pockets are great for light items like a GPS or snacks. An internal hydration reservoir with tube port makes hiking with a bladder possible, and a quick-access zippered side packet is designed to keep your topo map close at hand. Since the pack is designed for serious expeditions, the front of the Denali 100 provides multiple carry options form ice axes, rope, and an A-frame ski carry system.
- Fusion Flex Pro suspension
- Aluminum frame
- 70lb weight capacity
- Top-loading design
- Full-length side slash zip access
- Removable frame stays, top lid, bivy pad, and hip padding
- High density nylon fabric
- Puncture-resistant dual-layer laminated front panel
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve with tube port
- Dual-access front panel pocket
- Zip-away internal divider
- Quick-access side zip map/headlamp pocket
- Expedition hip belt with tubular gear loops, ice clipper slots, and sled pull loops
- Stowable and adjustable traditional hammerless ice axe attachments
- Front panel daisy chains
- Side compression straps with A-frame ski carry option
- Multi-use spare buckle straps for gear attachment or hip belt conversion
- Cross-over front compression capability