A vast wilderness area or expanse of open water can easily engulf you, but a map, some orienteering skill, and the Brunton 50M Mirrored Compass help you navigate your way out. Thanks to a dual-pivoting sighting mirror, which is mounted near the base plate's center, you're able to get a quick, accurate reading using the same mark you use to orient yourself with a topo map.
- Analog, liquid-filled compass uses the Brunton O.S.S. alignment system with its sighting mirror to provide reliable bearings when you align the circles
- Two-degree resolution allows precision and effective navigation
- Tool-free adjustable declination lets you manually account for a difference between magnetic and true north, so you can get the most accurate readings
- Meridian lines at map level aid orientation with a map and minimize distortion
- Clinometer (or slope meter) lets you evaluate avalanche risk during backcountry travel
- Mirror folds onto compass face, which provides protection from the other items inside your pack
- Lanyard keeps the compass close so you don't veer off course